ROBOTICON Rumble 2023!
Presented By AMROC Fab Lab
Tampa, FL, US
October 21, 2023
AMROC Fab Lab
2154 University Mall
Tampa, FL 33612
|Starts:||Oct 21, 2023|
|Ends:||Oct 21, 2023|
|Starts:||Aug 17, 2023 03:08 UTC|
|Ends:||Oct 13, 2023 03:10 UTC|
|Entry Fees:||Fee per robot (See class list)|
Robot Classes / Competitions
|Combat||150 g - Fairyweight||12||7 Robots||None||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||1 lb - Antweight||12||12 Robots||7 Robots||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||3 lb - Beetleweight||12||12 Robots||1 Robot||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
Welcome to our 2nd Annual ROBOTICON Rumble! Held as part of our long-running ROBOTICON STEM Showcase - now in its 11th season - ROBOTICON's Combat Robotics competition is a relatively new addition to our suite of K-12 robotics and drone competitions, and an increasingly popular event. Here's the basics:
- Classes: Fairy, Ant, Beetle
- A pre-paid registration of $20 per bot is required, which goes towards prize money for the top winners in each class. Once your bot is approved, teams will get a link to pay their fee.
- Prize Purse: Cash prize as a split on registration fees divided between first/second/third place and vie for the Rusty Wrench Award - which may be an actual rust wrench or a laser cut version, but it'll be a wrench! - given to the top bot in each category!
- Pits: Each team will have a table and power. Bring extension cords, power strips, lipo bags, and chairs, in addition to robots and gear.
- Pre-Event email will have more detailed information about the event.
- Load-In and Safety Inspections: 9 am -10 am
- Drivers Meeting :10:30 am
- Must pass Safety by 11 am to generate brackets to start fights by noon
- Lunch at 11 am
- Fights start at noon and run continuously, with a minimum of 20 min. between matches
Rules: SPARC Ruleset plus:
- Exposed batteries are automatic forfeits
- One postponement
- One unstick per fight (if you become unintentionally stuck)
- No entanglements
- Tapouts allowed
Match Length: 2 minutes
Match format: In the interest of time, we will be doing Modified Double Elimination (single final fight)
The event will be livestreamed at Twitch.tv/ROBOTICONTB