Battle for Vegas
Presented By Vegas Combat Robotics
Las Vegas, NV, US
February 5, 2023
Vegas Combat Robotics
3037 Ave of the Hiltons
Las Vegas, NV 89109
|Starts:||Feb 5, 2023|
|Ends:||Feb 5, 2023|
|Starts:||Dec 22, 2022 00:12 UTC|
|Ends:||Feb 5, 2023 00:02 UTC|
Robot Classes / Competitions
|Combat||150 g - Fairyweight||Unlimited||None||0.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||1 lb - Antweight||Unlimited||None||0.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||Plastic Ant||Unlimited||None||0.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||3 lb - Beetleweight||Unlimited||None||0.00 USD||Unlimited|
- This will be the largest VCR ran robot combat event ever!
- We will be running alongside the VEX Battle for Las Vegas Signature Event "The largest vex signature in history!".
- The Venue will be in the Westgate convention hall.
- We will have 16 tables with power and 32 chairs come early and snag a table for your team.
- Beetles and Ants will be a 6x6 steel floor no pit.
- Plastic and Fairy arena will be in a 5x6 steel floor arena.
- Posiblillity of a 3rd 4x4 arena / testbox (will keep this updated and also updated on the discord).
- Unmodified double elimination.
- Results will be submitted to botrank.
- 16 Beetles
- 8 Plants
- 8 Ants
- 16 Fairy
VCR uses the SPARC Ruleset along with the following amendments for its competitions:
- No use of fire or flame weapons.
- Magnets may be used for additional downforce on the steel floor but not for any other reason
- In the case of both robots being stuck together and unable to separate, there will be 1 separation per match
For any questions on the rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post a question on Vegas Combat Robotics Facebook page.
Our event will be taking place at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino 3000 Paradise Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 United States
Stream: The event will be live streamed at: https://www.twitch.tv/synshop
- 8am: Early arrival
- 10:30am: Builder meeting, final safety checks!
- 11am: First round, and streaming begins!
- 7:30pm: Awards and clean up.
This event is more than just the combot competition! To ensure you get the most out of your Las Vegas experience, we are also working on additional unique events for teams to participate in every evening. Some of these may include:
- Vegas HyperLoop Tour and Experience featuring Teslas. Sign Up for a free time slot HERE
- Special discounted offers to exciting Las Vegas shows featuring technology advancements in entertainment.
- Discounted tickets to area attractions including the AdventureDome, the Linq, and Omegamart at Area 15.
- Live Battlebots on display.
This event will also have an engaging expo showcasing Nevada’s educational opportunities and local innovative companies that call Nevada home.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the first-ever Battle for Vegas!
Hotel and Event Information:
Location: The Westgate, the iconic off- strip hotel, where Elvis had his Las Vegas residency. This is right next to the Las Vegas Convention Center with access to the Monorail.
Room block rate: $101/night (includes taxes fees and parking)
*Resort fees are only waived when booked within the room block.
To book online use this link: Westgate Room Block
To book by phone, call 1-800-732-7117 and give the following code: SBRE3R
We worked with the Westgate Fresh Buffet to provide an iconic, all-you-can-eat, Las Vegas buffet that will also be quick and accommodate all dietary restrictions.
Every team registration will include one complimentary ticket for lunch on February 6th and 7th at the Westgate Fresh Buffet.
Teams are encouraged to purchase additional lunch buffet tickets as soon as possible, since these are limited. Purchases can be made at shop.competitionpros.org by January 1st, pending availability.
We have also worked with the Westgate on providing teams quick service for breakfast and afternoon snacks being sold in our competition area.
Merchandice and BattleBots Show Tickets:
Volunteers will recieve a free volunteer t-shirt. To purchase a variety of shirts and posters please visit https://roboticsgameart.com/.
To purchace the discounted tickets to the Exclusive 45-minute BattleBots Show including the Q&A with the owners of BattleBots, click on the different show times and ticket options. There is no limit on how many tickets you can purchase, so if you need 16 tickets, puchase one 4-pack and two 6-packs. These are available to all teams, coaches, friends, family, and whomever you would like to invite. It is exclusive to you and your guests.
All shows are on Monday, February 6th.
6pm - Individual
6pm - 4 pack
6pm - 6 pack
8pm - Individual
8pm - 4 pack
8pm - 6 pack