Seattle Bot Battles 2022
Presented By Western Allied Robotics
Seattle, WA, US
Jul 2, 2022 - Jul 3, 2022
Western Allied Robotics
305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109
|Starts:||Jul 2, 2022|
|Ends:||Jul 3, 2022|
|Starts:||Apr 21, 2022 00:04 UTC|
|Ends:||Jul 2, 2022 00:07 UTC|
Robot Classes / Competitions
|Combat||150 g - Fairyweight||Unlimited||None||Unlimited|
|Combat||1 lb - Antweight||Unlimited||None||Unlimited|
|Combat||3 lb - Beetleweight||Unlimited||None||Unlimited|
|Combat||12 lb - Hobbyweight||Unlimited||None||Unlimited|
|Combat||30 lb - 30lb Sportsman's Class||Unlimited||None||Unlimited|
Seattle Bot Battles is free for bot builders and spectators. Come watch at the Seattle Center Armory building Saturday July 2nd and Sunday July 3rd. We expect the Seattle Center to be busy with 4th of July weekend activities but we know that the fighting robots will be the star attraction. This event will include robots from the 150g Fairyweight up to the 30lb Sportsman competing to see who is the best in the North West.
|Saturday July 2nd - Ants, Beetles, 30-Sportsman||Sunday July 3rd - Fairies, Plastic Ants, Hobbies|
|8:30am - 10:00am Safety||8:30am - 10:00am Safety|
|10:30am - 5:30pm - Robot Fighting||10:30am - 4:00pm - Robot Fighting|
|5:30pm - Group Dinner at nearby venue||4:00pm - Arena teardown|
Event Format and Rules
Western Allied Robotics events use a modified double-elimination format. The final is decided with a single final match. If there are 5 or fewer bots in a weight class they will use a round-robin format. Please read the Rules to make sure your bot qualifies to compete.
We've doing 30-sportsman robots again!
Build something and help grow this weight class for WAR! You can find the Sportsman rules here starting section 4.2.
- Sportsman bots we will not be allowing a weight-bonus for non-walker bots.
- The Sportsman class was created to run on wood floors... so no magnets for traction.
- If you have a powerful weapon on your Sportsman let us know so it can be cleared. For example, the WAR area is only 4' high so if you have a powerful flipper you may need to dial it back. If your hammer can penetrate or seriously dent our 1/8" steel floor then dial it down.
We have a suggested donation of $20 per bot to help cover our costs. WAR events are Free for builders but we do have storage, arena maintenance and other event related expenses. Also, the Seattle Center is charging us to use the Armory building for this event so our expenses are higher than normal this time around. All of the money we collect goes to our non-profit. Please donate if you can but donating is not a requirement to compete.
Sportsman, Hobby and Beetle robots will fight in a 12'x16' arena with a pit in one corner. The pit has a steel edge around it that reduces the chance of accidentally driving in.
Antweights, Plastic Ants and Fairy robots will fight in a 5'x6' arena with a small pit in one corner. Like the big arena it should be difficult to accidentally drive into it.
Pit table space may be limited so plan accordingly. Also, the pit area will not be secure from Saturday night to Sunday morning. Robots and tools will need to be taken home or moved to a storage room at the venue. If you have any questions let us know via email or the Western Allied Robotics Facebook Group. If registration hits capacity we may have a 4-bot per team limit to make sure everyone gets a chance to compete.
Registration notice! We don't know how a holiday-weekend event will affect registration. It could be lower than normal OR it could be higher than normal.
- 1 bot per driver per weightclass: For the initial registration each driver will be allowed 1 bot per weight class in order to insure that there is room for new competitors. If registration doesn't reach capacity drivers can bring additional bots.
- Forefiting aginst yourself: If a team has two robots that are scheduled to compete the bots must fight each other so you'll need a radio for each robot. If you don't want them to fight each other then the winner will be decided by a coin toss. If a bot truely cannot continue due to damage it will be allowed to forefit at the event organizers descretion.
- Waitlist: If registration for a weightclass is full you should add yourself to the waitlist. We typically get a fair amount of churn with registration so there is a good chance you will be moved over to the competition list. The waitlist is first-come-first-served.
If you have any questions please contact us.